Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

GRADUATION!

So, I officially graduated this year and in honor of mine as well as my sister's graduation, my mom put together a party to celebrate. I decided to make the cakes for the event and wanted to have them reflect my sister and I together but seperate. I made two cakes in a soccer pan from Wilton ( which can i say was the WORST pan I ever bought. When the pan was washed the coating fully came off and it dulled and tarnished immediately. If anyone plans to make a cake like this, I would not use this one in particular) I cooked two seperate halves of the soccer ball and covered each in fondant. I then took cardboard as the top of the hat and cut it to fit and covered it in hand colored fondant. Afterwards I hand decorated the tops of the hats and finished them off by making edible tassles in the school colors out of fondant. Happy graduation to the class of 2011!




No comments:

Post a Comment