Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Basket Weave Cake

Hey everyone! So I haven't updated my blog in a while but I have been baking and decorating a few things here and there. The cake here is a cake I made for the official last class of the Wilton Cake Decorating classes that was for royal icing designs specifically. If anyone is into decorating and wants to try a class out, I definitely recommend taking the Wilton classes. I had a great time and learned a ton of different skills for decorating, ranging from basic decorating to fondant and royal icing designs. It's a good class for all levels of decorating and the instructors are really great too.

But anyway, back to the cake..this cake is a dark chocolate cake with a homemade mocha coffee frosting. The frosting was a little soft so the basket weave wasn't as defined as I would have liked but it is noticeable going around the sides of the cake. This cake was a kind of last minute thing for me to make and I didn't get to make royal icing flowers but I did top the cake with fondant pansy flowers in orange, yellow, and purple.



No comments:

Post a Comment